Wednesday, June 19, 2013

You're the sky that I fell through..

Sooo, as you may or may not know, I'm a huuuuge Owl City fan. Meaning, I've listened to him pretty consistently since I was first introduced to him in May of 2009. He just speaks to me. The melodies + harmonies of his songs & new sound he's created... ah! Love it. He sings, writes, plays pretty much every instrument, AND does the techno, computer stuff on top of that. Serious talent.

I love, LOVE his lyrics; they're so creative and I'm always nodding & loving the clever string of words he's orchestrated together. He's written the words I've always felt, but have never been able to articulate. Underwater Ferris Wheel? YES! Such a cool thought. Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there... um, YEAH. that's why I never watch the news -- I prefer my happy imagination over the negative reality that's broadcasted daily. I could talk about practically every song of his and list off why I love it so much. Needless to say, he's been the soundtrack to the past 4+ years of my life.

That being said, I was pretty surprised [and pleased] to realize that SO MANY of his songs have references to FLORIDA! Not just Florida, but MIAMI! Swimming in Miami... "The Yacht Club" - which we DROVE BY.

He talks about Fort Lauderdale, cruise ships, "the sunshine state," West Palm Beach... for real?! Makes living here feel even more homey, since my favorite, happy-place songs are literally written about my "backyard." Owl City songs just always put me in a good mood. Jaden and I have a lot of dance-parties to his songs during the day ;)

1 comment:

kelli said...

i love that you get to be in this place and that it feels like home for you, even so far away from family!

you are seriously so good at making the best of a potentially difficult situation! way to have a good attitude :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...